Main navigation |
Facilities Management Training page houses training documents and links to training for FM employees. Training documents and links will be added and updated to continually provide FM staff with the training necessary to perform their work assignments.
- COMPASS - Learn how to use COMPASS or brush-up on specific skills and topics. COMPASS is the computerized maintenance management system software that FM uses to track time cards, purchases, work requests, inventory, construction projects and other related activities.
- Custodial QA (Quality Assessment) - Facilities Management uses the Custodial Quality Assessment (QA) iMap mobile application for custodial assessments in the field using an iPad mini. At the completion of the assessment, the responses are compiled and uploaded to a secure database for analyzing results.
- Image Now - This user-friendly document imaging and management tool easily captures, organizes and manages documents. ImageNow allows employees to quickly find the most up-to-date FM documents in one secure location.
- Kronos - FM's Time Keeping System - The Kronos application is the University of Minnesota's enterprise timekeeping system. In this system, FM employees swipe their U Card to record their time in/out for each shift worked. Training materials will provide supervisors with knowledge about viewing timekeeping information, tracking absence or tardy information and utilizing standardized systems for track attendance data.
- Web Reporting (PDF) - The WebI (Web Intelligence) application allows you to create and run reports using data from COMPASS in a web browser environment. It’s a powerful tool that is easy to use for collecting, organizing, formatting and analyzing data. This presentation will cover all the basic elements of running standard FM reports and how to create your own.
- Windsor Cleaning Equipment - Links to training videos on the Windsor website for Chariot and Compass products. When training new employees on equipment use the videos as a starting point, then walk them through the actual use of the machine(s). This is a good way to ensure that they understand the training and are comfortable using the equipment in a safe and effective manner.
- Winter Maintenance (Video) - De-icing and snow removal training for Facilities Management District and Landcare personnel.